Cold Cucumber & Herb Soup
Serves 2-4 (makes 1 quart)
This soup is unbelievably simple to make, so it’s fantastic on a hot day or when you’re in the mood for something light and refreshing, especially when it’s been chilled in the fridge for a bit. You can choose your own herb combinations, but we recommend using two types to give the soup a few dimensional layers of flavor.
2 large cucumbers (22-24 ounces), peeled
- ½ cup packed herbs (we like dill, mint, chives, tarragon or basil)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4-5 ounces yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ⅓ cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend desired level of smoothness. Chill for an hour or two in the fridge, or serve immediately. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and herbs.